'82-'14 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS:
FRONT PLANET KIT
2.84 RATIO with INPUT SUN GEAR
- SONNAX 77284-K
- STAGE 1, 2, & 3 PERFORMANCE
- The steepest first gear ratio of any four-speed automatic (3.06) belongs to the GM 4L60 (700-R4)/4L60-E family of transmissions. The shift from 3.06 ratio (1st Gear) to 1.63 ratio (2nd Gear) is a dramatic RPM drop that causes performance engines to fall out of their power band.
- Sonnax 2.84 input carrier kit 77284-K transforms the popular 4L60 series from an OE “wide ratio” 3.06/1.63 to a “close ratio” 2.84/1.55 for game-changing acceleration on the track. This keeps performance engines in the optimal power band while allowing a longer pull in first and second gears, improving consistency and performance
- Manufactured and engineered for outstanding durability, the carrier's gears are precision-ground to OE standards, thrust washers feature highly wear-resistant PTFE-coated material and the captured bearing is thicker late design. Lube channels direct oil to the pinion pins, and the carrier can be disassembled for inspection and service.
||1993 - 2014
||1987 - 1992
||1982 - 1993
||2001 - 2007
||2006 - 2009
||2002 - 2006
- Keeps engine in power band on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts
- Delivers longer pull in 1st and 2nd Gears
- Six-pinion planet loaded with advanced durability features
- No special tools or machining required
- PHOTO SHOWS ACTUAL FRONT PLANET KIT
- FREE SHIPPING TO ALL 50 U.S. STATES & PUERTO RICO!
- WE SHIP WORLD WIDE